Thursday, January 24, 2008

i believe i can learn to write well through constant writing and expressing my ideas through writing. i can continue to write in my little cream colored journal and just fast write as i am doing here and in class. Because, as we all know, practice does make perfect! Also, attempting to allow my self to release my mind from the chains that all my english teachers from first grade and beyond have installed in me so i do not sit and think that my paper must be set up perfectly before i can even start to write. I can learn to write well when i can break away from the spider maps, webs, and essay layouts that are branded into you to make you write the PERFECT paragraph. Instead, i need to let the juices flow and write down everything that i feel in the moment and learn to organize it after i find out exactly i want to say. But, of course, i need to find some thing that i focus on and want to learn more about to make the essay more personal and narrow. i need to learn to focus on one thing that stuck out to me like the sunshine that shone through my bedroom window when I was a child. One other thing to do is read over others essays and pick up little ideas and things that they did on their essay and incorporate or build off of that and use it in your own paper.

No comments: