Thursday, January 24, 2008

So after sitting and staring at the mass amount of papers set in separate piles and my white cell phone screen full of text messages for a while I realized that I really do have totally different styles of writing depending on the person and the subject matter.
I looked at the text messages and the letters that my best friend and I write back and forth and realized I do not write everything totally out. Most of the sentences are open ended, knowing that she will be able to finish the inside joke and they are in very excited, fast, some what sloppy writing as I my brain and my hand both attempt to rush and work together to get everything that I want to say on paper. Then I looked at the text messages of random “I miss you!” and “I hope you have a great day my dear!”
Also, I have my text messages to my friends and roommate. My text messages are full of “hey, lets get lunch”, “let’s hangout”, and giving them advice about random dilemmas that come up through out the day. They are all either really short and sweet or long typed out sentences. Also, I have the little notes that I leave for my roommate to inform her that I have not disappeared but have ran out to do something like the one informing her I was going to pick up my sister from school who managed to get pink eye.
Then I have my notes that I use as a student. The notes are written in short hand and I have many little words that I use to shorten the sentences and relieve the tension on my hand as I can tell I am writing in a hurry due to the very messy hand writing. Bullets and side notes cover the page and sides of the paper in an attempt to make me remember every bit of information that I believe is important and I should remember.
I am a daughter with parents who just learned about text messaging. I have random texts answering their texts of “how are you doing” and “call me!”all typed out perfectly so they can understand and a quick text to my father answering his question of if it was my birthday on the 23 or my sisters.
Then last, I am an older sister. My texts are very short and I attempt to do the “hip” text lingo as my 16 year old sister does even though I have no idea what she says to me half the time. Also, I have the text messages I send back to my little brothers typed out fully in short sentences calling them dorks and to stop prank calling me because I can assure them my refrigerator is not about to run down the street!

No comments: