Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Arguements in my Papers

For the ethos in my papers I would say tends to vary. In my letter to the editor has the most ethos because I am basing my argument off the fact that the author of the piece I read targets woman too much in his paper. Basically, making him a hypocrite of what he was saying to Obama in his article. For my op-ed I do believe that I have some ethos because I am discussing women and the election. I am discussing how women should be looked at for who they are and I even go into detail about a woman’s characteristic that gives her the ability to be a capable president. Also, in my humor piece has a little bit of ethos just by showing how men can look at a woman based off how she looks and how women can base off a woman’s character and ability to be president by just being a woman and nothing else.
For logos I do not believe that I have much of this in my papers. This is definitely my weakest point in my papers, which I really did not notice until I was re reading all my papers. For my letter to the editor my facts would be everything that I brought into my paper from the actual article itself. For example the quotes that I used against the author and the little outside facts like how Obama was getting a lot of pressure due to the fact he lacks as much experience as McCain.. For my op-ed piece, honestly, I did not use really any logos at all. I do not see that as a bad thing because this is supposed to be an emotional driven paper. The only thing that is factual is when I discuss Hillary Clinton and her role in the election. For my humor piece I do not believe that there was really any place to incorporate facts into it.
Pathos is my strongest point in all my papers. My op-ed and my comic have the most pathos within them, especially the comic. The comic was based off this concept because pictures just appeal more to the heart and it was more based on the fact that women may not be viewed seriously for what they stand for based on what my little characters were saying. In my op-ed piece I focus on targeting women and making them “angry” with the way women are looked at in politics. For my letter to the editor frustration was really the only thing that I tried to do with pathos and make readers who read my letter be just as frustrated and see everything that I felt was wrong with the article.

No comments: