Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sources Handling My Issue

My sources handle my issue well. I feel like they cover all the points that I want to cover. In my source #1 applies the quotes from the superintendent of Brownsville in Texas. I like this because I have a quote that I can analyze from a upper person in education. However, I do want to get a quote from a teacher and from some students or parents to also analyze in my paper. For my source #2 I have a document from the No Child Left Behind website that tells why the testing will work for the students. It goes into depth about the way that it will help the teachers, parents, and students and how it will follow the progress of the child. This ties in because this is a legitimate document from the No Child Left Behind Law. I can tie it in to analyze what the makers of the Law thought about the No Child Left Behind law and how they believe that it will work. This will make my paper stronger. Source #3 is also off the No Child Left Behind Document. This document is from the Education Secretary and it is explaining what the states should do for the students through the state testing. It basically gives the states an outline on what they expect. I think this will tie into my paper well because I do have my paper narrowed down to state testing in Texas in the elementary level. This is a good tie in so people who read my paper can have an idea of what Texas is supposed to do and what they are expected to do with the students. I like it because it gives the expectations.

No comments: