Thursday, October 23, 2008

Prospective About the Topic

My prospective about this topic while I have research has actually changed. I started doing this topic about elementary teting in the State of Texas under the No Child Left Behind Act. However, now I feel like I am aiming toward how the No CHild Left Behind Act wants testing to fold out in states like Texas. I have found a lot of articles on the NCLB website discussing how the tgest is soppoused to help the students and the guide lines that the states are meant to follow to make the testing successful. So I am going to start my paper off with the source describing why the testing is going to work and how it will benefit the students. So my main point about the importance of looking at the No Child LEft Behind Act is made at the beginning of the paper. The I am going to trickle my sources in. First I am going to add the state guide lines that I found on the No Child LEft Behind Website so the readers can have an idea of what states must do to meet the standards. Then I plan on adding my article about the superintendent who talks about how the state testing has good intensions, however, it really needs to watch how it labels schools. I also want to find a article that is totally for state testing and some quotes that back it up then I want to find some quotes and articles that say how there is negative points to the state testing. My prospective has totally changed and I am now all about state testing and why it is a "good" thing and how it will benefit the students according to the NCLB Act. I just feel this is a bettter way to show the importance of education and make people pay more attention to how this act affects the United States right now.

2 comments:

-R said...

The way you are changing your topic will make your paper alot easier to understand for those of us who are not familiar with the No Child Left Behind Act. Good Job.

Courtney J said...

Breann,

This topic is really interesting. My topic also changed when I started doing research. I'm glad you were able to find a lot of stuff by changing your topic, though. I think the No Child Left Behind Act is really interesting, coming from a public high school. I'm interested to see what kind of information you find on it!