Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Paper #2 Topic

For my broad topic i am doing Education because that is my major and what i want to do with the rest of my life. I am then narrowing it down to No Child Left Behind and i know that is probably almost as broad as education since SO much is involved in it so then I am narrowing it down to state testing. I am now going to narrow it down to Texas State testing to make it as narrow as can get. Now you can see what my thought process was to get down to my idea. I picked state testing because both candidates have different views about it and this is something that is effecting schools, students, teachers, and many more all year.
Everyone who is in school or is connected to school like having a child attending school is impacted by school testing. The school board who has to look at the schools who are struggling and the ones who are doing well to try and make all the school do well. The principals who have to worry if their school will do well or not and who have to make sure the teachers are doing their job correctly. The teachers who have to worry how well their students do on the test and who have to worry if they taught everything well enough. The parents who have to worry if their child passes because in certain grades some children will not pass to the next grade. Then their are the children who are the most important, and they have to actually take the test. Every one of the people I listed are talking about how this impacts them, and now the presidential candidates are talking about it. Also, you can look at the No Child Left Behind Act in general if you would like to read and see exactly what is happening.
Primary sources would be talking to students who have taken this test. The parents who have to deal with the test results, teachers who give the test, principals, members of the school board. Anyone who takes the test or anyone who I listed that are effected by the test would be a perfect primary source. Also, the actual Act and section itself that talks about No Child Left Behind would be good to look at.

No comments: