Monday, September 29, 2008

humor

For my humor in an arguement piece i am using an Saturday Night Live skit that is talking about Palin and Hillary. I thought that it was a perfect skit for me to show because it goes along with my theme of women in the election. It goes along with humor because it is basically making fun of both Palin and Hillary. Just by there personalities and what the media says about them. But they also point out things in the election that has to deal with them and how women in the election continues to get bigger. There is humor in it because they play off a lot of the stuff that the media says about them like they start talking about looks and the election. When it came to Hillary they used things like Hillary was manly and everythig made her come off as very masculine. While when they were talking about Palin everything came off as very feminine and they played with the media talking about how attractive she is. I thought it was a very good skit because they got so many aspects of the election in it and they choose the best people to play the roles.
Here is the link to watch it: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/palin-hillary-open/656281/

10 comments:

Tommy C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tommy C. said...

Breann,
I think you did a great job playing up the attitude that us men often have toward women. I think that while being funny, it also points out the flaws of voting or judging for that matter based on looks alone.

Brooke said...

Breann,
Good job with the drawing aspect of the cartoon. I think you conveyed your ideas in a very unique manner and from a different point of view than most people may be looking at. I liked your idea about adding a girl to the cartoon, I think that would reach to even more issues concerning your topic.

Michelle J. said...

1. Effective- I think it sis effective especially since so many guys are talking more about her looks than her actual ideas.
2. Suggestions- The girl you talked about adding sounds like a good idea.
3. Response- I thought it was very funny, and I liked it a lot. Very good art work!

Courtney J said...

Breann,

effective- the boys looking up at her with hearts around them send a message even without the quotes

suggestions- I think adding the girl would be a good idea because it adds another example for why some people have chosen to vote for her

response- it was very cute, I like that it was lighthearted

Thomas M. said...

I think that if you added a girl it would round out the comic well and have her remarking about the guys' comments. I thought it was very funny and the purpose was clear.

Walt H said...

It is funny by making only thing that matters is looks and not what she actually says. Very effective argument.

Hector said...

I personally found this hilarious. It was a good way to show how many male voters might vote just because of Palin's looks. My suggestion is that you should add some comments on Palin trying to continue on talking about the issues while trying to ignore the guys. This was very affective

M. Christine said...

I think that your cartoon was great. Your point was clear and funny. And it made your point about gender in the election very clear. The girl that you talked about adding was a great idea but other than that great job

TeresaP said...

I really like the concept I think it is very interesting to see it from a man's point of view. I don't think you need to include the womens view unless you really want to.