Monday, September 8, 2008

Presidential Election

In the presidential election there are MANY issues that are going around, and I find a couple of them important. This is the first presidential election that 1. have been able to actually be involved in and vote and 2. I have actually been interested in. I have been following up on this election since my government class last year that opened my eyes to how big of a deal a presidential election really is.
I have sat and studied some of the aspects that is making up this election and I feel that I tend to look toward things like education and teachers. This matters a lot to me because I am an education major and do plan on becoming a teacher as soon as I graduate. This is going to impact me a lot and I also feel education is a HUGE thing for American to look at. Especially since statistics show that we are beginning to fall behind China and India. However, I will get off that topic because I could talk about it forever.
Also, I do believe that the war is a big deal to Americans also. I think more what is going to become of it. I personally, believe no matter who becomes the president is going to pull anyone out of Iraq. So I am looking more toward what the candidates plan on doing at all. Some I have to look harder then others but I really want to know everything I can about this topic.
Health care is the last thing I really look at. This is very important because, once again, this involves everyone in the United States. I am very interested in the plans to make it universal or not. I am interested in this topic, however, I have not looked into it yet as much as I wish I have.
These are the top three things I look for and I am going to continue to look for other things that interest me, but for now this is about it.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Breann,

I like that the major issue for you is something that actually affects you in real life. I think that education is a topic that is very over looked and not given enough attention in our country. I also agree that the war in Iraq will be an important controversy in our country in the years to come.

TeresaP said...

I am glad you found a major issue that applies to your life. Because who ever wins the election will still be president when you graduate. I think everyone would agree in saying the war is a big part of this years election and I am really interested to hear the upcoming debates.

craig kocay said...

I must admit, education is one issue that I no virtually nothing about. I have no idea either parties stance. This is odd because I also think it ranks in the most important issues. Please don't despise me for my ignorance. Instead enlighten me via my blog.